How is it April already?! January seemed to last a lifetime, then February and March flew by in the blink of an eye. Life has been so busy, but the absolute best kind, and I wouldn’t change a single thing.
Life is good right now. I’m doing exactly the things that make me happy and I’m putting myself first in my own life. Something I’m definitely not used to doing, and it feels great.
I’m happy in my new(ish) job, I have wonderful people around me, and I’m doing so many fun things with people that I care about.
At the beginning of 2018 I wrote a blog post sharing all of the things I hoped to achieve in 2018. For anyone who hasn’t read it, or wants to revisit it, click here. It’s very easy to lose sight of your goals, and there is so much that I want to achieve this year! For this reason I’m going to share today where I am on the list I made in Janaury.
List From January’s Post
- Go on holiday- My best friend and I booked an amazing double holiday for June! We are going to spend 5 days in Madrid, Spain, followed by 10 days in Havana, Cuba. I’m so excited to be returning to Madrid, a city that I adore, and also to be visiting a brand new country that has always been on my bucket list!
- Go to a festival- No plans as yet to go to a festival, but I’m keeping my eyes and ears out.
- Write all the things- I got off to an amazing start this year where I was writing in a journal every day and also flexing my poetry muscles, but the last 2 months I really haven’t written a thing. I went to a creative writing workshop this weekend just gone which has definitely inspired me to get writing again! I need to start writing without worrying so much about the finished product. Many things probably won’t see the light of day, but it’s okay, because practising will only help me improve.
- Move into my own home- I’ve been consistently saving money this year specifically for this. Yes, I’ve splurged on a holiday too, and also spent money on socialising, but I’m really happy with the balance I have, and the fact that I am making the most of living at home at the moment.
- Contribute- I have set up a monthly direct debit to a charity called ‘Mind‘ who help people with mental health difficulties. After a really difficult time with OCD, especially last year, I want to do anything I can to both help raise awareness about mental health, and also support the professionals who really know what they are doing who can offer invaluable support to those in need. I also make a monthly donation to a local domestic abuse charity, who also were there for me during a difficult time in my life.
- Complete ‘Insanity’ again- Yeah, about this! I did join the gym again, but to be quite honest, this isn’t a priority. I think when I move it’ll be easier to workout at home, but for now I don’t have much space, or a TV to play it on! For now I’m just trying to get back into the routine of working out regularly.
New Goals to Add to the List
- Refine my skincare routine- I’m on a real skincare hype at the moment. My skin is playing up a little which I’m somewhat managing, but more than anything I want to work on fading the scars that I’ve been left with since I first was blessed with the gift that is acne when I was 10 years old. I’ve invested a little money into purchasing good quality skin care that has great reviews in the hopes that it is effective for me. Watch this space!
- Spend less time on social media- We all do it, quickly open Instagram for no reason whatsoever, and then end up spending 20 minutes scrolling through your feed looking at nothing in particular. I’m really trying to be conscious about how much time I spend on my phone not doing anything at all. I’m all for using phones and social media as a means to communicate with friends and family, and it is a fun thing to have. I just don’t want to waste valuable time scrolling through my feed when I could be spending that time doing so many things that will make me feel so much better.
I’m sure there will be many more things I add to the list as the year goes on. Having things to work towards always makes me feel good, as always I’m continually trying to learn new things, whether it’s (attempting) Swedish, or reading books on personal finance, learning makes the nerd in me very happy.
I’m so glad that I’ve stayed true to myself so far this year. I’m surrounded by people that I adore, and I’m doing things that make me smile.
2018 is off to an amazing start and I’m so grateful to be in such a wonderful place. I hope you are too.
Life is good.
Until next time,