So hot chocolate is one of my favourite indulgences. But obviously is it a complete treat! So for those times when I’m craving hot chocolate, but want a healthier choice, this is the perfect option!
Cacao is also a superfood. Just a few benefits are;
- It can help lower blood pressure
- It contains high levels of antioxidants
- Cacao also has good amounts of fibre which is great for helping with digestion
(to serve 2)
- 2 cups of milk (any kind you like! I used coconut)
- 2 heaped tablespoons for raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons for honey or agave (or to taste!)
- Combine all of the ingredients into a saucepan.
- Heat on low and warm the drink, stirring often.
- Once your cacao is warm, pour into a cup
- And that’s it! Enjoy!
I hope you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think!