Is it weird that I hate the taste of coffee, but absolutely love the smell of it?
Coffee scrubs seem to be everywhere at the moment. I only have to be scrolling down my Instagram and I see multiple coffee scrub covered ladies holding their brown sachets in the shower.
But does anyone else think these scrubs really overpriced?
Today, I thought I would share with you, an easy recipe to make your own coffee body scrub!
It’s so scary that so many products these days can cause a lot of bad things, from allergies to cancer. No thank you.
That’s why, whenever possible, I like to buy or make natural products.
Coffee scrubs are said to help with cellulite and firm up the skin.
Coffee and coconut oil are loaded with antioxidants too! So this scrub can help with premature skin aging.
The coconut oil is super moisturising so you’ll feel silky smooth after using! (Ps, I wrote a whole blog post about coconut oil, check it out here!)
To make this scrub you will need:
- 1 cup of ground coffee (organic if possible!)
- 1 cup of sugar or salt (I used sugar for this recipe).. Again, organic where possible.
- 1/2 cup of organic, cold pressed coconut oil (this can be substituted for any other oil you like)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (this is totally optional, but it smells amazing!)
How to make:
- Put the oil in the microwave to melt it.
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut oil to the dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla.
- Mix it all up!
And that’s it!
Be sure to keep this in an airtight container. (I used a mason jar, shocker)
Keep the scrub in your shower and use 2-3 times a week (or every day if you so wish!)
Apply to the skin in circular motions to remove all of that yucky dead skin 🙂