Breakfast is totally my favourite meal of the day. There’s just so much variety you can have!
Plus I wake up every morning ravenous, so food is totally the first thing on my brain. (Who am I kidding?… Food is always on my brain)
Today, I thought I would share with you my super simple overnight oats with chia recipe!
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 cup of your preferred milk (I love coconut)
- 1tbsp of chia seeds
- Mason jar (or something you can store it in, I like mason jars so you can shake it up to mix)
- Any yummy things you want to add in! (I like to add half a tablespoon of honey and 2tbsp of cacao powder for a chocolatey taste)
- Fruit to top with!
And now here’s how to make it!
- Before you go to bed in the evening, add the oats to your mason jar.
- Top with the milk and chia seeds
- Now is where I add the cacao powder and honey, this step is totally optional, you could add anything here.
- Once that’s all shaken up, leave in the fridge to soak up overnight.
- In the morning take your deliciousness out of the fridge and pour into a bowl (just so it’s easier to eat.. You could just eat it out of the jar)
- Top your oats with whatever fruit you like! This morning I went for strawberries and a sprinkling of dessicated coconut. Eat it cold 🙂
And that’s all there is to it!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and will be giving it a try!
Let me know if you give it a go and what you thought!